Uberdork: Slang. Noun. An extremely silly, out-of-touch person who tends to look odd or behave ridiculously around others; a social misfit.
Ever since I can remember, I have always been an uberdork; the true definition of a geek, nerd, dork, and/or epically misunderstood nerdy social outcast. And yes, I have the pictures to prove it!
The following is a list of reasons why I myself, along with the majority of my very close friends consider me to be an uberdork.
- When I was in grade school, I was a very active participant in Science Club.
- I have musical obsessions. I always have music playing in my car, or whenever possible when I write.
- Before graduating from high school, my hobby was creating custom software applications, the likes of which were competitive with those which were available commercially.
- As a child, I wore an official NASA jacket (here’s proof).
- I have access to 100 terabytes of cloud storage. In simpler terms, that’s exactly 1,024 gigabytes!
- I am an avid Linux user. This blog is running on a Linux server!
- When I was in college, I looked like this, and wrote an entire website about my coffee obsession.
- I carry a notebook, two pens, and a digital camera with me at all times, wherever I go.
- Reflective tape is one of the many things that I am inexplicably fascinated by.
- Before GPS devices became popular, I was the very first person I know to own one. That was back in 1998!
- I have a habit of collecting discarded notes and other things that are tossed, left behind, or forgotten; Found Magazine even mentioned me by name in their first book.
- I have always taken notes on things, starting at a very early age. Even today, I write, photograph, and document things that peak my interest.
- If you’re still not convinced, just take a look at this picture taken of me in 1994…
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)