American Writer, Photographer, and Website Designer. Former career Fire and EMS Lieutenant. She/Her/Lesbian.

Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid

Help!!! by サンドラ, on Flickr

I woke up this morning feeling unusually well.  Most of the time, I’m under a heavy cloud of depression.  Maybe it was the warm weather, or the sun shining for the first time in a few days.  Whatever it is, I awoke with a ton of excess energy and creative inspiration.

I took an hour-long walk around the city of Rochester, New York, trying my best to make note of interesting places to take pictures.  I noted a small handful, but it would have been much easier if I had remembered my camera in the first place.  Very rarely do I remember to take along my camera and my notebook.  What typically happens is I remember my camera, and forget my notebook, or vice-versa.  Before I left, I remembered to bring along my notebook (my camera was left in my car a block away in a parking garage).  Someone asked why I always am so over-protective of my writing notebook.  It’s strange how, as a writer, the little things in life are what inspire me to write.

After I returned from my walk, inspired by the fresh air and change of scenery, I was about to sit down and start writing when someone said the absolute wrong thing to me for no other purpose than in hopes of being entertained by getting me upset.  All of a sudden, the happiness, inspiration, and creativity went right out the window.  For the purposes of my blog, I’m not going to add specifics, but they know who they are and they know what they said, and we both know that they said it simply to get me upset.

The fact of the matter is that every last detail of my life I feel is significant is written down.  90% of what I write in my notebook gets added to my blog, the other remaining 10% remains in my writing notebook.

Some things are better left unsaid, the remainder are added to my blog.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: