American Writer, Photographer, and Website Designer. Former career Fire and EMS Lieutenant. She/Her/Lesbian.
Henry Miller On Writing Tips
- Work on one thing at a time until finished.
- Start no more new books, add no more new material to â€œBlack Spring.â€
- Donâ€™t be nervous. Work calmly, joyously, recklessly on whatever is in hand.
- Work according to the program and not according to mood. Stop at the appointed time!
- When you canâ€™t create you can work.
- Cement a little every day, rather than add new fertilizers.
- Keep human! See people; go places, drink if you feel like it.
- Donâ€™t be a draught-horse! Work with pleasure only.
- Discard the Program when you feel like itâ€“but go back to it the next day. Concentrate. Narrow down. Exclude.
- Forget the books you want to write. Think only of the book you are writing.
- Write first and always. Painting, music, friends, cinema, all these come afterwards.